Wednesday 25 January 2012

The Last December


The darkness creeps in slow,
Strange fear I feel.
The stars light up the sky,
Alone I drop and kneel.

The fire's burning low,
Its down to glowing embers.
The cold engulfs me,
Touching with its sinewy fingers.

The shadows close in round,
Questions they ask me.
A court is in session,
But where's the jury?

My conscience haggles me,
Guilt, there is none.
And I ask myself,
What have I done?

"What were you doing,
The last December?"
I give my usual line,
"I don't remember."

And I ...
Am contemplating suicide,
Yet again.
And I ...
Have got nowhere to hide,
From the pain.

I watch the western sky,
Awaiting the sunrise.
The first rays enter the room,
And then I realise.

You were my greatest gift,
My only treasure.
You were my guiding star,
You were my measure.

But life's so wicked,
It cheats you of your hope.
When it takes your love away,
Then in endless darkness you grope.

And I ...
Am contemplating suicide,
Yet again.
And I ...
Have got nowhere to hide,
From the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment