Wednesday 18 January 2012

For you

The night turns slowly to light
The Sun shimmers on the horizon
I wake up beside you
And remember the night that passed me by
Those sweet hours now gone
Eluded my grasp, those wistful moments
Stare at your mesmerising face
Thinking how lucky I am to find you
As you lie there, fast asleep
Your hair over your face
Dreaming of things so sweet
My shadow falls on your face
So you won’t feel the glare of the Sun
And the morning passes us by
But still we lie on the field
In sweet embrace, but the time is short
For you have to leave and go back home
All I have then are your memories
And the hope that I’ll see you again
Another night some other time
But till then, every night I’ll dream of you
Whence we’ll walk into the night
And talk of everything under the moon
And I’ll listen to your soothing voice
And watch your dreamy eyes speak to me
I know then that you love me as I do you
The night is long and I thank the Lord for you
Walk with me and never leave
Together we gaze at the moon
And we spoke only through thoughts
Another day ends and your absence haunts me
Confronting me with my loneliness
Please come and stay with me
And I ask for nothing else
For I need you so much closer

With you, my emotions have a closure

No comments:

Post a Comment