Tuesday 17 January 2012

A Prisoner's Last Words

Pursued by my guilty conscience,
I’m trying to run from the pain.
But no matter how fast I run,
There’s no place for me to hide.

Every day’s a new beginning
To the same old life that I’ve been living.
Just for a few days of comfort,
I sold my soul to the Devil.

I feel the walls close upon me,
Laughing at my fateful destiny.
I offer my final prayer,
With Him lies my last hope.

I have a date with the executioner,
Short though my life has been.
I made some bad decisions,
And the result I’ve seen.

***
I climb onto the square,
Fill my eyes with real sunlight.
I walk slowly towards the noose,
That’ll be around my neck so tight.

So this is the end, my friend,
Lessons I’ve learnt so dearly.
Live your life to the fullest,
And don’t say you lived nearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment